SOME QUESTIONS
1) Who all of you out there has switched to Blogger Beta?
2) What do you like about it?
3) What do you NOT like about it?
4) Is it easy or easier to use than regular Blogger?
5) Are the new templates cool?
Please let me know...
Ok, now on to my
COMPLAINT
I LOVE the fact that my job doesn't pay me enough, which is why I'm looking for a part-time job. However, when I apply for jobs, I'm basically told that because of the shitty-ass schedule my job has (i do most of my work in the evenings) that they can't/won't hire me b/c of my availability (or lackthereof, rather). So I can't get a job because of my job, but I need a job because of my job. FANFUCKINGTASTIC, eh?
So far I've applied to Target (need to be available till midnight, 4 days a week, each of those days), some banquet place (need to be available starting at 2pm), Auto Parts store (need to be available more during the wk, especially Mon & Tues evenings), a bakery/cafe (they're only open till like 9 and I usually don't leave work in the evenings till about 7p), and the list goes on.
Can you tell I'm frustrated? I really really really REALLY am beginning to hate this job, and all it's limitations and added complications it brings. For example, today I had to be at a high school at 7:30 to interview ONE STUDENT. Yup. Really effective, eh? I need to make sure that I'm availble during the day as much as possible, in case we have recruitment booths, or need to go interview students (which many times start at 8am and last until lunch). Yet, the majority of my work needs to be done from 3pm on, b/c that's when kids are out of school. And, this wk my boss asked me if I'd go speak on some dumb panel thing on Thursday night from 6:30 to 8pm. Thursday night is flute group. However, b/c I've been doing school & practicum lately & have NOT been available during the day, I guess I feel obligated to say yes to this & miss flute practice, which is the one fun thing I have. And, have I mentioned the fact that I feel like my coworker (who got promoted & now is apparently my supervisor) is giving me the guilt trip because I'm not available during the day b/c of school and practicum? Yeah, fuckin' love that!
So, basically, my job would love it if I was available M-Th from 8am to 8pm (or later, sometimes, depending), and from 8 am to 5pm on Fridays. And, sometimes on weekends, too.
Fabuloso, right? Yah. Sure. You betcha.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You seem to have a quandry there little lady. How long until you are a full fledged Teacher? Can you deal with this schedule adn pay for that much longer/ If not, I say find a new job and even if the hours aren't great, make sure you are being paid more than you are now!
Good Luck!
PS) I guess I am stupid when it comes to this stuff, but what is BETA and why is it better?
i've heard bad things about beta, so I haven't switched.
as for the job thing. i HATE it when employers expect so much and pay so little...
good luck finding something that works.
You know what you need to do is sign up with some temp agencies. You can tell them the hours you are available and they can hire you on when you can work. It's not as solid as a part-time gig at one place, but it might give you the flexibility you need. Plus when I temped I made a LOT of cash. Like $15 an hour for answering phones in most cases.
Wicca has it right on with the job search. A girld with your skills and experience will have little trouble getting work through an agency. I should know, I'm an agency girl too.
As for Blogger Beta:
It loads posts much faster. No new templates but there is a wickedly easy drag and drop and no coding necessary set-up of bonuses like blogrolling and stuff. Now that they fixed the commenting problem, it seems to be working dandy!
I've switched to beta. I don't have any complaints about it. The templates are still the same as the regular blogger. The posts do post a lot faster i do have to say.
I'm beta. I thought it was easy-peasy.
Drag & drop, and all you have to do is copy and paste your statcounter and blogrolling code into html boxes. Done.
Not too much different.
Post a Comment