Monday, September 18, 2006

It is SO Monday (& Continuum)

I'm currently listening to John Mayer's (aka my celebrity hubby) new album, Continuum. It's really good. REALLY GOOD. I'm glad I shelled out the $ (which is something I really shouldn't spend) to get it. And, as per usual, the songs & especially the lyrics, feel as if they were written from in my head. Wow.

Lately I've been feeling as if bit by bit, little pieces of my heart are breaking off from the whole. Not sure where they're going, but I'm feeling bruised and banged up. I have this little lead ball in my stomach most days (too bad it doesn't keep me from pigging out) (however, when I don't eat, then I know there's REALLY something wrong)

How does someone end up so entangled in something? Why am I always one of those people who ends up feeling like she can't see the forest for the trees? I'm sick of being surprised by others. I'm sick of giving so much of myself to everything & then getting stepped on by everyone. I want to develop a harder outer shell, but I don't know how...I've been like this MY WHOLE LIFE, and after 28 years of this, how do you change yourself?

And as I'm writing this I feel frustrated that I feel like I should have to, even if it's in the name of self-preservation.

Right now these are some of my fave lyrics from the album.

Dreaming With a Broken Heart
When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll out of bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe

2 comments:

L said...

i actually really really liked the john mayer song on the cd you made. i normally am not a fan, but that song was great, and it makes me want to hear the rest of the cd!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking happy thoughts for you and sending you the very best of vibes. Hopefully the cd will arrive over the next couple of days. I guarantee a couple on there that will make you smile if not LOL