Thursday, September 21, 2006

Grey's Anatomy (a duex)

The season premiere is tonight. I've GOT to remember to set the VCR. Oy!

After whining about not knowing about the music last night, I checked on the ABC website for the show & found that they do indeedy have a "music guide". YES! Victory is mine!

These are the songs played in the last episode (which aired as a 2 hr episode, but apparently is split into two on the site & on the DVD, or something) (The bolded ones are on the Season 2 Soundtrack)


Title Performer Label
"Universe And U" KT Tunstall Relentless / Virgin
"Look At Her Face" The Coral Sea Red Clover Records
"Through The Backyards" Au Revoir Simone Self Released
"How We Operate" Gomez ATO Records
Under The Waves" Peter Droge Puzzle Tree Music
"Side 2" Dressy Bessy Transdreamer
"Colors" Amos Lee Blue Note
"Destination Vertical" Masha Qrella Morr Music
"Grace" Kate Havnevik Continentica
""Chasing Cars" Snow Patrol A&M

The one in purple is the one that I really like from the episode. I've heard the Snow Patrol one a ton--they play it a lot here on the radio. My friend/co-worker Abby (who is also a Grey's nut) bought their cd & so I have it & the rest of their latest songs for whenever I want.

I'd love the Grey's soundtrack, but I'd also LOVE these particular songs too. What happens 95% of the time is that songs in a movie or on a TV show are awesome, esp during a particular episode when it comes to TV. However, w/ all the effing red tape that goes along w/ liscensing, the soundtracks are inevitably mediocre and many times don't have the BEST songs or the ones that particularly capture a key moment in the film or show. It's SO FRUSTRATING. For awhile (in my naive post-college daze) I dreamed of being a soundtrack guru. Then I figured that it would just be a frustrating job.

And, speaking of jobs, I've got to go do mine. Hooray. Woop. woop. (can you feel my excitement?)

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

What did you think of the ep?!?! Got your message and will try to call later today.

C.C. said...

Hey, while you were watching Grey's I was watching one of my favorite show's premiers last night: CSI (the original: accept no substitutes!!):)

Anywho, at the end of the ep two of the characters were out at a bar and they introduced your Boy John Mayer and he played two songs! (well, most of one and a bit of another) I wanted to email you but figured it would be over by the time I sent it!! If I had known ahead of time I would have told you! He looked and sounded great! His album will be awesome as usual from what I have heard so far!

Happy Friday!