Monday, August 28, 2006

Jewelry and other stuff

All I wanted to do today (instead of work) was make jewelry. Phylis (my flute chickie friend) and I did bead stuff at her house last night. It was great and a LOT of fun. I made 3 necklaces and and (hold on, I have to go count...) 7 pairs of earrings. To be fair, I just added to part of an existing pair, but still. It felt GOOD to be creative again (w/ jewelry that is). And Phylis helped me with my wire wrapping technique (a bit). She gave me quite a few beads last night. She also helped me make something for a friend. (tee hee hee)

The creative bug was still biting me when I got home tonight (early even--whoo hoo!) so I made 2 more necklaces (one was similar to one from last night and the 2nd almost matches one of the ones I made last night. I also made a pair of earrings to match one of last nights necklaces (I could NOT get the head pins to go thru the pearls however--very crappy & frustrating). I'm still feeling a little creative.

I realized today that I was stressed in the afternoon & wasn't sure why. However, in thinking about it, I later realized that I just didn't want to be around my new office mate. She just rubs me the wrong way. And I feel like a horrible bitch, but I just, I don't know. I try to tell myself that I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and to not make judgments, but I think she maybe just one of those people that I just don't click with...And that makes me very mad at myself. Am I really a bad person?

I'm currently watching SpiderMan 2. I almost like this one better than the other one. I LOVE the underlying theme about CHOICES and strength (more emotional than anything). And how Harry (who's really hot) loses it & cracks up. It's a nice lead in to the next movie (and while it's a bit obvious, it's better than the lead in at the end of Pirates 2).

One of the pairs of earrings I made makes me extremely giddy. I'm going to wear them when I get married. Someday.

4 comments:

C.C. said...

Jewelry! Cool! Sounds like fun.

ABout the office mate: I always tell myself that I will not always like everyone I meet and everyone I meet will not always like me. I guess you just have to try and find a way to cope so that you don't end up having a major fight on your hands! That sucks!

Come on!! The end of POTC 2 was the best part!! :)

Unknown said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself about the office mate. Bottom line is that regardless of how nice, friendly and open we are, there'll always be at least one person out there that we just don't get along with. I know a few of them...

As for the jewelry....i'd love to see some of it! Have you ever considered selling stuff online?

And finally, for the movie. I totally agree that I liked the set-up for Spiderman 3 than for PotC 3. As much as I loved the ending for Pirates I still liked the setup for Spiderman better.

Anonymous said...

I totally get like that when I'm inspired that's all I want to do. Glad to hear ya back into the beads :)

L said...

wow! marriage earrings! that will be cool to have something special.