I killed two of those grosso yucky black squeaky bugs tonight in my bedroom. YUCK! I'm really really not happy. I don't want to come home and have those disgusting annoying creatures in my bedroom! ICKY!
Ok, now that I'm done w/ that rant...I was in the office for about 30 minutes today, during normal working hours. Yeah, I love when I have days like that. However, this was because I had a recruitment booth at another high school (I got almost 30 kids, but just 3 boys to sign up), and THEN I had a match on the opposite end of town. I also had to go pick up my coworker's stuff at a service fair at one of the local colleges (yeah, she dropped it off & left it, way to promote our message), before I could head back to the office (after recruit, before match). So, I breeze in & eat for a bit, & then breeze back out again.
Meanwhile, my new coworker (the one I'm not overly fond of) had her own recruitment booth at a different high school. Apparently it went very well (38 kids). However, she should've been back about 2:00, 2:30 at the latest. BUT...she didn't come back to the office after the booth till 5:15 (we had a 5:30 staff meeting). None of my other coworkers and I were sure what was going through her head today. However, my boss was also wondering because she had officemate come up to her office for a "chat" today. Hmmm. I don't want coworker to quit, because I think she's a very sincere, caring person and that's a VERY good thing in this type of work. However, I'm alarmed by her lack of catching on to ANYTHING and I think that's the root of my annoyance (besides the crappy music).
Bleagh...I'm hungry, but it's WAY too late for supper. And, I'm not sure that Frosted Flakes, oh wait, I ate all the Frosted Flakes. And the Life. Dammit. Oh well, I have to go read my chapter for Linguistics. Hmph.
Later ya'll, I have class tomorrow, then a BUTTLOAD of work to do, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to blog during the day. *sigh* Happy Thursday then!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Crickets are cool to hear but not to see in your bedroom! I agree on the Yuck factor!!!
I love reading other people's rants on work related stuff! It makes me feel like I have lots of company!
I took a linguistics class in college...as an elective! But it was a wonderful fit for Communications and actually Cultural anthro as well!
I HATE bugs. HATE HATE HATE bugs.
I'm with c.c. reading rants about work make me feel like I'm not the only one who has 'moments'.
Maybe coworker is just interpersonally clueless when it comes to organizational kind of things. It happens sometimes...
i hate crickets too. and grasshoppers. my kitty likes to go grasshopper hunting and bring them back to me, sans legs. hes annoying!!
Post a Comment