Friday, July 14, 2006

So much for the grand plans

The grand plans being GET WORK DONE that is...also, the other grand plan was to be to work by 9am. Yeah, that didn't happen either...

However, in my own defense, I was over hanging out w/ Erica (who's in town for about a week--HOORAY!!!) till almost 2am. Then, I had to wash face/brush teeth when I got home, so...bedtime was after 2am. *yawn*

It was great hanging out & talking w/ Erica. A little back story (for those of you who don't know). Erica & I met at good ol HC & quickly became friends. For frosh/soph year we were INseparable. People actually got us confused (and we look nothing alike, starting w/ the fact she has red hair & I'm a blonde)! Anyway...we used to say that in a previous life we must have been one person, b/c our thoughts were so often in sync and the same, etc. So we joked we were sharing a brain (but yet, we each had 1/2 & then 1/2 of our own, so we both had a whole brain...anyway...). We're really close. Junior and senior year we shared a house together (w/ other friends--the infamous Babes of South Ash), but our class schedules (esp senior year) meant we saw a little less of each other. However, we essentially went four years straight of talking to each other EVERY DAY, and seeing each other most days too. It was really hard when we graduated (almost like a break up) and she moved to LA. Now, we see each other when she comes home for visits to her parents (they live in my city), but it's so NOT the same. (**one of the bonuses of Phoenix is that LA is only 6 hrs away) Anyway...for some reason, out of all my friends (and I have quite a few close friends, b/c I'm not one for a lot of boundaries in the friendship department...probably why wiccachicky and I have maintained forEVER) having her so far away is the hardest. I miss all my friends (they're spread out in various cities) but I miss her the most.

Okay...enough about all this. This already ended up longer than what I'd planned and I really do need to get work done today! GAH!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well at least it sounds like you too had a fantastic time!

Hope the day goes quickly so you can have MORE fun!

Have a great weekend!

L said...

lol babes of south ash. sounds like a book title!
may i link you?
ps- good job on the quiz. i bet my mister wont get that many right!

Artistic Soul said...

Yeah, I could see why you would miss Erica the most. That sucks, but the good side is that you got to see her!!