Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Exasperated

Or confused. Frustrated. Agog. Perplexed. Flummoxed. Bewildered. Annoyed. I seem to be runing the gamut of emotions today (and I LOVE some of those words too...I used to know a little song about being Flummoxed...but, anyway...)

Please, PLEASE tell me you've all heard of the song Landslide. And, that you're not looking at your computer screen (and thereby, me, by extension) while reading this, with a blank look on your face? And, that you can tell me at least ONE musical artist who's recorded this song? Please?

I know that sometimes I have eclectic taste in music. I dunno...I'm just feeling really weird today.

Yesterday was so fun w/ the girls! I almost bought a KC Chiefs hat (I need to go back & try them on again when I have my hair straight...see what that looks like) b/c they were CHEAP ($5 or $10). Not that I need to spend money on that, but still.

My back hurts today b/c I played the silly boxing game at Dave and Buster's last night. I get REALLY into that...I think that I would like boxing, myself. I don't like watching it, but sometimes I have a lot of pent up anger/agression that just goes nowhere. Last night it went towards the boxing game. I got to the 3rd guy, which is farther than I've been before.

Why do we have to be "grown up"? Why couldn't we have all stayed in college permanently? However, reading that and thinking about that, I wouldn't have met Justin if I stayed in college, so I guess I don't REALLY want that. But, what about requiring all my friends to live in the same state as me? Or, I know, I need to be friends w/ some rich person who has their own jet & could just fly me to visit people whenever. THAT's what I need. *sigh*

I'm proud of everyone who took my quiz. And, don't worry if you didn't score as well as you thought. Eventually I'll make a new one & you'll have a chance to redeem yourselves. ;-) My mom missed 2 questions and she's MY MOM!!! That was surprising, for sure.

Well, I should get to work or something...my school work is beckoning (that's the impetus for the Landslide question...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

By landslide, you mean the fleetwood mac/stevie nicks song, right? The one that was covered by smashing pumpkins and the dixie chicks? That landslide? Of COURSE I know it!

Unknown said...

Sylvia covered all the bases. I still like the Sevie Nicks original best but the Smashing Pumpkins version is pretty good too.

Anonymous said...

I love every version of Landslide ever made. Each group brought something different to the song. Anyone who does not know ANY version of that song has issues!

L said...

my mister, who would kill me if he knew i was divulging, LOVES the stevie nicks version.
i am partial to the dixie chicks one...

Artistic Soul said...

Landslide was originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac, but the Dixie Chicks did the recent remake. Oh yeah, and I have it on very good authority that the Smashing Pumpkins did a cover of the song too.