I swiped this from my friend Sylvia. She rules & likes memes just as much as I do!
List ten musical artists you like (do this before reading the questions/responses below).
1) DMB
2) John Mayer
3) Jason Mraz
4) Dixie Chicks
5) Anna Nalick
6) U2
7) The Beatles
8) Barenaked Ladies
9) Nickel Creek
10) Sarah McLachlan
1. What was the first song you ever heard by No. 6? Either the Streets Have No Name or With or Without You
2. What is your favourite album of No. 8? Gordon--one of their earliest, but my 2 fave songs are on it. Some may argue it's their best.
Little Earthquakes
3. What is your favorite lyric of No. 5? "...I'd cheat destiny just to be near you. If this is giving up, then I'm giving up. If this is giving up, then I'm giving up, giving up, On love, On love. Driving away from the wreck of the day, And I'm thinking 'bout calling on Jesus, 'Cuz love doesnt hurt so I know I'm not falling in love, I'm just falling to pieces. And if this is giving up then I'm giving up, If this is giving up then I'm giving up, giving up, On love, On love"
4. How many times have you seen each of your ten bands live? DMB: once; John Mayer: once; Jason Mraz: none; Dixie Chicks: not till Sept; Anna Nalick: none yet; u2: none (I couldn't get tix); The Beatles: none; BNL: twice; Nickel Creek: twice; Sarah McLachlan: none.
5. What is your favorite song by No. 7?: Goodnight, hands down.
6. Is there a song of No. 3 that makes you sad? Yeah..."Absolutely Zero"
7. What is your favorite song by No. 2? Why Georgia
8. What is your favorite song by No. 9? Either Reasons Why, Scotch & Chocolate or This Side.
9. What is your favorite album by No. 1? Before These Crowded Streets
10. How did you get into No. 3? Heard his 1st single on the radio, but absolutely fell in love w/ the 2nd one, which is played much less often
11. What is your favorite song by No. 4? Oooh, that's hard b/c I like so many of them. Current fave is Taking the Long Way.
12. Who is your favorite band member in No. 9? I don't know--each of them contribute their own awesome thing to the group. I was in "LOVE" w/ Chris T for awhile, but I'm over it.
13. Which of the ten has influenced you the most? Like Sylvia said, all of them have in their own way, that's why I picked them. I think that DMB has probably had a song for every mood or period of my life though...
14. What is a good memory concerning No. 2? My best guy friend taped his one-time-only live show on Vh1 for me b/c he new I had such a crush on him. Or, going to his concert.
15. Is there a song by No. 8 that makes you sad? Either Blame it on Me or For You
16. What is your favorite song of No. 1? Grey Street or Dreaming Tree
17. What would you do to meet No. 10? Write a letter? Sneak backstage...
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is a really great meme. I like Sarah too. Not to rub it in, I've seen her in concert so many times I've lost count. But all before she was really "big". She used to do evening concerts at the local AAA baseball field. Some friends and I would take a blanket, some food and a bottle of wine. It was AMAZING. I only wish they still did this!
Very cool post! I think I will try it as well!
BTW, I haven't gotten anything in the mail, didn't know if I should still be checking? :)
Post a Comment