The Dixie Chicks (one of my very fave groups) are coming to my town in September. There's a chance for me to purchase tix early (before everyone else). I SO want to go. In looking at the fun Chicks stuff on MSN today, I found this fun MadLibs game they played w/ their interviewer. I also LOVE MadLibs. I think I'll bring some w/ me next wknd to Wiccachicky's wedding (nothing like MadLibs to lighten the mood!)
Introduce Your Boyfriend
Mad Libbing with the Dixie Chicks
by Junichi P. Semitsu
As the Chicks take a break during interviews, I decide to play Mad Libs and ask them for a few words.
adjective: sweaty (contributed by Emily)
adjective: frosty (Natalie)
adjective: tart (Martie)
adjective: cumbersome (Martie)
noun: monkey (Martie)
adjective: tight (Natalie)
plural noun: softees* (Emily)
noun: jellybean (Martie)
type of event: bar mitzvah (Emily)
noun: nipple (Emily)
noun: nose (Natalie)
noun: sock (Natalie)
noun: tongue (Natalie)
* Driving through Manhattan, the Dixie Chicks spotted several Mister Softee ice cream trucks. Martie expressed her belief that this was a very disturbing name, especially when trying to lure in young kids.
So here's how the completed Mad Libs story turns out:
"HOW TO INTRODUCE YOUR BOYFRIEND"
Will your family scare your sweaty new boyfriend away? Chances are frosty that they will, so you should take some tart steps beforehand to ensure a cumbersome meeting:
*Encourage your guy to bring a monkey for your mother. (This should guarantee a tight first impression.)
*If your family has any unusual Softees, warn your boyfriend ahead of time.
*Tell your mother not to discuss your ex-jellybean and how devastated you were when he called off the Bar Mitvah at the last nipple.
*Finally, don't panic. Your nose will still love you. After all, he is not dating your sock, he's dating you. (And if he wishes he were dating your sock, then maybe you should be looking for a new tongue!)
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love MadLibs!
I've NEVER heard of this game (I *know*! I've been under a rock!) but it sounds like hilarious fun. I'll have to go looking for it for the next game night!
Post a Comment