Thursday, April 27, 2006

So Tired

This is a good song by the Beatles (one of my fave bands of all time). That's what I feel like today...anymore, by Thursday I'm wiped out, but there's still a day to go. Or, in my case, still several days to go. Work tomorrow, class at 8 am on Saturday & then Sunday I have to come into the office and THEN go to bowling in the afternoon. Oy.

However, there is a bright spot today (besides the fact that the sun decided to come out afterall). I'm getting a new car. Well, new to me. It's my mom's (soon-to-be) old car, a 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon. It's Plum colored. I'm not sure how many miles it has on it, but it's less than my old car, Kimmie (she's a 1994 Camry w/ 213,000 or so on her). And, Lulu (the name of the soon-to-be-mine Subaru) has a cd player and the air works & all the buttons work too. HOORAH! The gas mileage isn't as good, but oh well. I'm so lucky that I'm spoiled and my parents love me. I don't have to buy the car from my parents or anything, I just get it. However, it is kinda embarrassing that at 28, I've never bought my own car. *sigh* So, tomorrow I'll get to drive Lulu around. I really like that name.

Yeah, ok, so I'm in the habit of naming my cars. It started in high school. Not sure why...I do know that my friends then helped perpetuate it. I think part of it was that Brandi & Jessica named their cars. Anyway, my first car that I had for a good chunk of time was a little 4 door Corolla. It was bright blue and a "four banger" and b/c it was Japanese, my guy friends kept calling it the Rice Burner (RB for short) Or, my friend Schevy called it the "Ennnnh" (b/c that's the sound it made when it accelerated). After the engine started to burn oil, we got rid of RB & then I had a 4 door Camry with a V6 (a 1988). Sally (after Sally from 3rd Rock From the Sun) was maroon & kicked some serious ass. She handled really well in the winter, had a great turning radius and a moon roof. I gave her to my brother when I moved back here from H-town. Jared tried to call her Rico Suave, but she didn't like that & started to act up. She now sits, mostly dead, up next to the barn at my parents house. My current car, Kimmie (after Kimmie Gibler from Full House) is a 1994 Camry, 4 door, that's a light taupey-purple. There are a TON of cars that look like Kimmie in my town now, which is kinda weird. So...anyway, that's the history of my cars. I think that naming them actually helps w/ their performance. I'm not kidding you. My mom had a few issues (some worse than others) w/ Kimmie when she was hers, and I haven't had hardly any problems w/ her (other than her showing age) since I've had her. It will be interesting getting used to Lulu b/c she is much longer than any of my previous cars. Also, her wheel base is actually a little narrower too, so...hopefully I'll adjust quickly. We'll see...

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

You know I'm big with the car names too. But I'm hoping Iris lasts a little while longer...like until I could actually afford to have car payments again. Wait. That would be, like, never. ;oP

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new car! Don't be ashamed of anything. I'm 2? and I'm living in a basement suite at my parents house for insanely low rent so that we can save to buy our own place. It's good to be loved by one's parents...