Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Music

My friend Erica has joined a music download thingie off the internet. She emailed a bunch of us, asking for opinions and suggestions for artists. This is the list of peeps I sent back to her, people (some newish) I think she needs to have in her collection. :o)

1) Dana Glover (bluesy white chick)
2) Joss Stone (same thing, but she's not even legal yet!)
3) Butterfly Boucher (fun chick w/ accent)
4) Missy Higgins (same thing, from Aussie)
5) Jason Mraz (anything by him is good)
6) Fall Out Boy
7) Tori Amos (must have some stuff by her!)
8) Reel Big Fish (add to your collection!)
9) Michael Buble (if you like Josh Groban...)
10) Dixie Chicks (their last album was great & their new song is fab!)
11) Anna Nalick (good stuff)
12) Jack's Mannequin
13) Morningwood
14) KT Tungstell (sp? on last name)
15) Aqualung (very James Blunt-esque)
16) Damian Rice
17) Coheed & Cambria
18) Tristan Prettyman
19) Ray LaMontagne
20) Jimmy Eat World (they have some new stuff out that's good!)

Who would you guys add? Or, any song suggestions? Let me know...so we can edumicate Miss Erica good!

3 comments:

C.C. said...

STING!!!!

HAHAH! I just love him. Other artists? Hmmmm I think you nailed a bunch I would have said. Mostly I listen to compilations not individual artists so I guess that is all I have. Sorry!

Unknown said...

See...I LOVE Josh Groban but Mr. Buble doesn't do much for me. Too much of a crooner I think!

However, here's a few more I'd add:

Enya, Sting - Both classics
Goldfrapp, Esthero - One's English, the other Canadian. Both brilliant and totally underrated.
Kaiser Chiefs and Keane - Brit invasion continues!
Veda Hille - Like old school Sarah McLachlan
Kinnie Starr and M.I.A. - both girls with distinct sounds and messages.

I'd love to hear if she tried any of the suggestions and what she thought! Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Oh bugger. I remembered a couple of other good ones:

Slightly Stoopid - The "Acoustic Roots" album is the best of them all. They're a throwback to Sublime.
Great Big Sea - Cheltic Rock never sounded so good.
Chevelle - when you need something a little harder. I thought these guys were Tool. Turns out, they're just fans.

OK. That's it for now. Promise.