I'm so angry right now I want to throw things. And, I want to throw things in the general direction of South Dakota. I'd want to hit members of the State Legislature in the head. And, it's all because of this.
You all know that I'm not overly political on my blog(s) for the most part. But, I consider myself passionate about my politics, and my beliefs, and that includes the fact that I AM PRO-CHOICE. There, I said it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some backlash for that statement, but so be it.
1) I don't want someone in the goverment telling me I can't make that choice, should I ever be a position to do so.
2) I don't necessarily think I'd be able to get an abortion, but I want that option there.
3) I think if they're made illegal, than we risk women dying from attempting to get one in some shady place or what-have-you.
4) I don't think it should be used as birth control, but if a child is not wanted and someone does NOT want to be pregnant, then, shit, let them make that choice.
5) I think that if more time and funds were dedicated to sex education, and actual EDUCATION, not just abstinence only education, then the need for abortions would greatly decrease.
Simply put, I think that abortion needs to remain a legal option available to women. Period.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You know I'm with you on this. It pisses me off that the legislature is even considering it...but then again, I don't live in SD so I have no control over the voting population there...not that I would have control over the voting population here...but at least I'd feel like I could throw a fit....publicly at least.
My mother used to always say that If those protesters have so much time to sit and tell these girls what to do with thier own body. Then they should dedicate that time to baby sitting for them girls while they go and make pennies to barely give the child food and shelter.
Makes me glad i'm in Canada.
I'm completely pro-choice as well for the same reasons you mentioned and Jenn added to it extremely well. What amazes me is that of the comments so far, not a one has been for this proposed new change.
Post a Comment