Some random stuff floating around my mind today:
As far as my cryptic postings last week: no, Justin and I did NOT break up. But, this long distance stuff sucks and it's starting to really wear on me. On both of us. So...However, along those lines...this has been a REALLY REALLY tough fall/winter for me and the past few weeks especially have sucked. I'm trying to decide if I need to talk to my doctor about perhaps seeing a different doctor or getting a prescription or something.
I should be more tired: after all, I didn't fall asleep till close to 2 last night & then I didn't sleep much till my alarm started going off this morning (sad that I got more sleep in between snooze button smacks). Lately I've been having a LOT of trouble sleeping. At night that is. Getting my ass out of bed in the morning is equally difficult. Out of whack I tell you.
ANYONE have any remedies or suggestions for falling asleep? I lay there & my brain clicks into over-drive. Sometimes it's b/c I'm worrying, sometimes I just start thinking about the most random stuff. But, I can't shut it off & I really do need to SLEEP. I really don't want to go back to those days of taking a tylenol PM dose each night before bed, just so I can catch those zzzzs.
Last night my rambling mind, for some reason, remembered the fact that I'd (a few years ago) managed to make out w/ a guy I'd had a MEGA crush on. We're talking grade-school-type, love-you-with-all-of-my-5th-grade-heart, crush. I'd see him out at the bar & go talk to him, but the flirting never got any further and I'd go home all sad and long for a date. His name's Kyle. He is also a fellow HC Alum. He's REALLY tall (6'5") and a former baseball player. And an English major (tall & smart, any wonder I was a goner?) Well, not long after Tony & I broke up, I ran into Kyle on weekend. We made out that night. And it was all I'd imagined it to be. Almost like getting to make out with your celebrity dream crush. It was a nice trip down memory lane.
Man, I really like kissing.
I googled a few old friends (like, moved away in 1st grade, old friends) this morning. Didn't find much that made me think I'd found them. I wondered what their up to b/c I still have their school pictures (remember those fun little square things? Wiccachicky I still have your 8th grade pic, complete w/ 90s perm!)). Crazy huh?
I have a computer, at my desk, which works today. However, Tim is going to take the hard drive home tonight & replace it (again) w/ a new one. Sigh. Hopefully I'll have some computer continuity some time this week!
Alright, I should go.
Later on folks. Later.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow - welcome to my sleep life all the time!! The only thing I've found that really helps nights like that is to have a pad of paper and a pen next to the bed. I write down everything I'm thinking about so that it's there. I figured out a few years ago that I have a subconscious fear of forgetting things while I'm sleeping, and that way it's written down so my mind is calmer and can sleep. I also drink mint tea before going to bed - the mint is for my stomach, but you could try chamomile too.
Shred my 8th grade picture please. Pretty please? I'll shred equally embarrassing ones of you.
the tea helps me when i have trouble sleeping. having something warm in my tummy seems to have some drowsing effect on my brain....
I often have a hard time sleeping when to much is on my mind. The only thing that distracts me enough to fall alseep is leaving the TV on for background noise. That way I am listening to the TV instead of my over-active brain!
Sweet Dreams!!!
Post a Comment