So much for getting up at a decent time today. I didn't manage to rouse myself till just after 9am. I didn't make it into work till10:45. Sad, I tell you, sad.
I've been informed, this morning, that we will NOT be able to wear jeans to work on Friday. Instead, we have to pretend it's just like any other day of the week and wear "business casual" (aka what I wear every day). I'm not big on dressing up. If I had a job I could wear jeans to every day, let me tell you, I'd be a happy camper. I don't even really like khakis. This is why, when I get my teaching degree, I'm hoping to find a school with a fairly relaxed staff dress code (obviously, I'd wear appropriate attire and not ripped, holey, rock-star jeans, but still...I'll never be as lucky as my friend Janelle, from college. She gets to wear track suits & warm up pants and the like to school (she teaches math, particularly uber-nerdy math) and sometimes even wanders the halls barefoot. Damn, that's the life!) Anyway...MY lack of jeans on Friday: we have another tour-thingy for our office (as part of our new fundraising strategy). Whooppee.
I've decided I need to "ground" myself for a bit from my Gilmore Girls DVDs (I have seasons 1-4). I come home, I turn them on & then do NOTHING. I didn't watch last night & managed to clean my kitchen (impressive, I know). My goal tonight (after the gym) is to clean the bathroom. Although, I doubt if I'll clean the tub. Maybe the bottom, but walls just seems silly. It's just flat, not tiled or anything...and no, I don't want to hear how dirty it probably could be. I'm the only one who uses it (now, anyway) and so it's just my germs...
Oh and I need to do about 4 loads of laundry. Alas, I have the money for 2. I hate this being poor bit. It's really getting old and tired.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know what you mean about dress down work environments. I can't even wear jeans on Fridays! Ever! My last job, I could wear almost anything except shorts and "inapropriate attire" but other than that, jeans every day. That's the only thing I miss about that job.
I like having the flexibility to wear jeans to work. I usually only do it on days the weather is crappy though, or when I have classes that are more relaxed. Today since it was raining and I was still in a crappy mood this morning, I put the jeans on.
Post a Comment