Thursday, January 19, 2006

Is is Friday yet?

Actually, this week, I long for Saturday. Because of a coolio HC Alumni function on Saturday night, I'll be working at Papa John's on Friday night. Whee! And, in thinking about all the places I get to go this year to celebrate joyous occasions w/ friends (it feels like EVERYONE is getting married!), I need to start working more hours at PJ's each week, so I can afford to go. Affording to buy presents is not even part of the picture yet.

Speaking of married...I'm still flabbergasted by news of an engagement that I got this week. This is b/c the guy who's engaged is a smarmy creep who has a history of a) horning in on others' dates/girlfriends b) once slept w/ his roommate's younger, underage sister (who wasn't a virgin, but anyway...) c) trying to juggle chicks d) is definitely a thrill of the chase type of guy. If it seems like I have some 1st-hand knowledge about his jerkiness, you'd be right. Wiccachicky does as well, but different knowledge. She knew him in high school b/c she ran w/ a crowd from his all male private prep school (did I mention he tries to play off like Mommy & Daddy's money is his?). I went to college w/ him & made the mistake of not once, but TWICE, becoming sort of involved with him. Yeah...this last time around was in the more recent past. I found out that he was sleeping with some other chick while he & I were hanging out (I, THANKFULLY, never slept w/ him...*shudder*). She then got pregnant, either by him or by her actual boyfriend, she wasn't sure. (yeah...) ANYWAY...I just found out this peach of a guy (note the sarcasm) is ENGAGED. I'm still shocked by his thinking that he could promise himself to ONE WOMAN for the rest of his life. And, though it really is stupid...I'm pissed b/c in the time that we stopped talking, etc, we both found new relationships. Yet, while he's going to be walking down the aisle, Justin moved to fricking ARIZONA. And, yes, I know it's pointless to be upset about that, but...just b/c I know that, doesn't mean that I can change how I feel. Not right now at least.

Bastard (the jerkface, not Justin).

************

Speaking of crappy stuff...my co-worker who I really have a hard time dealing w/ b/c he just really gets on my nerves?...well, I reverted to the 4th grade yesterday. He has a silly doormat in front of his office (yeah, on the carpet) & I moved it askew b/c he's kinda anal-retentive & a neat freak. Then, I unplugged one of his lamps, before turning it off. AND, I moved this item on his desk so it was crooked. And, it made me gleeful to do so. I'm so going to hell.

1 comment:

C.C. said...

Well, let me just say that ANYONE can get married, and few pick the right ones. I feel sorry for teh Jerkface's fiance, b/c she will be miserable form the sounds of it! Most guys never change (in y experience) Once a cheater, always a cheater. Just b/c he's gettign married it doesn't mean he is doing it for the right reasons or that it will work out. So don't fret! You will be there when you are ready and it will be the right time, with the right person!:)

As for your coworker...Yay! for you! That was not 4th grade! That was genius! I have an anal-retentive coworker as well and have thought of doing something similar too. Hey, it's good fun and I say keep it up! I want to hear of how he reacted and if it set his whole day off wonky! HAH!