Friday, December 09, 2005

It's finally FRIDAY

Hastings College Foundation is apparently spelled "D-A-N-P-E-T-E-R-S". TEE HEE. That makes me giggle. I'm donating a small amount to my alma mater, but wasn't sure who to make that check out to. My buddy Dan (we did the media/suffer thru Sharon classes thing together at HC, he's class of '02 & now works for the foundation) left me that msg yesterday, after I'd left him a msg asking my check question. Tee hee hee.

Speaking of my media days...whilst working at a tiny AM radio station, once December 1st hit, we started Christmas tunes into the rotation. By the week of, it was non-stop, solid, nothing BUT Christmas music. And let me tell you, I got SICK of Christmas music. It's finally been this year that I've searched for tunes & carols on the radio here. For awhile I could stomach nothing but Manheim (aaaah...I LOVE their Christmas music, even if Chip Davis comes across as a pompous ass). I still can't stand Gene Awtry & Rudolf (just his version...some people just should NOT have been allowed to do Christmas songs). ANYTHING by Elvis except for Blue Christmas is hideous. Anyway...I swear, I'm not such a humbug, I just got oversaturated. Now, this year, by tolerance is way back up. But, Manheim is still the best. Hands down. And Bing singing White Christmas? Smooth as silk. Lovely.

Today we have a work function for our matches: a monthly "group activity". We're having Christmas crafts, games, pizza & rides on a trolley (it's free standing/driving, not connected to cable) to go look at Christmas lights. Should be fun. And, I got the hook up from PJ's for 1/2 off our pizza. $50 or so for 8 pizzas just ain't too bad folks. :o)

So...now that we're on the subject of Christmas, what's everyone's favorite part? What's your least favorite? Your fave holiday song(s)? C'mon share w/ me!

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

I just busted out my Xmas music last night. It seems like I just can't get into wrapping presents without it! :)

Steven said...

Hey, I just stumbled upon your Blog. I'm a sophomore at good ol' HC right now, living it up during finals week (with a healthy dose of No Doz). Anyway, yeah... thought I'd say hello