The shortest day of the year and the sun is SO bright and shiny today. It's nice. I never thought I'd be one of those people who likes the sun better. I actually used to really love crummy rainy/foggy days. And, I still do. But, I'm a happier camper when the sun is out, I've noticed.
And, now for some random thoughts.
1) I just did some switching & what not w/ my Fantasy Football teams. I'm playing for the 5th place in one league & the 7th place in the other. Justin is out of the playoffs for my league and his brother is playing me for 7th. So...last night Justin told me he's trying to dump anyone good from his team so Michael can pick them up. Unh! Big cheaters. Oh well. I think he's limited on his moves & Michael may be out too, so it wouldn't do them any good anyway. Haha.
2) I had yummy chocolate coffee this morning. And, I can't believe it's already almost 1:00. I haven't had lunch yet. But, I woke up really late (9:40), so...
3) I had a good talk w/ my old pal Mikey (yes, my ex). Hadn't talked for a few months. Sounds like his job is going well. Today he's breaking up w/ his girl, who was doing very badly on her end of the long-distance thing they've had going. It sounds like she's a selfish youngun'. (a few years younger than us b/c he's been trying to avoid dating anyone who's a single mom, sacrificing maturity in the process). Told me he's happy for me re: Justin. Which is nice, on several levels. Knowing that Mikey & I have moved on from each other in a romantic sense to truly being friends & wanting the other to be happy. And realizing how truly awesome Justin is (yes, he does have flaws, b/c everyone does...just in case you think I'm completely bananas or something).
4) I am still an optimist (mostly), after all these years. However, I'm not so much a NAIVE optimist, like I used to be.
5) I'm really hungry, but for what, I'm not sure.
6) I still have to wrap presents, which I kinda suck at. AND, I still have to make Jared's blanket. *sigh*
7) I love Dawson's Creek. Sad, but true.
8) I can't believe the Huskers made it to a bowl game. Wow...
9) I wanna play fan basketball next year. I just need to find some place to play it. *sigh* AND, to remember to sign up.
10) I'm gonna go eat now. L8R G8Rs :o)
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love random comment posts! So here's some random comments:
Chocoalte coffee! YUMMY! It's nice to be friends with your ex, if it's possible. I am optimistically detached at my current age of 30.
Have a great vacation Amy and a great Holiday too!
Post a Comment