Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Update

Yeah, I know, I did things kinda backwards. Oh well. I can do what I want, it's MY BLOG dammit.

Saturday was my fun day of the weekend. I worked a short shift at PJ's (11 to 3p) so I could go to my friend Jessica's birthday bash. (Side note: Jessica is the kickass chick directly responsible for Justin & I. Let's all give her a big WOO HOO! Ok? Thanks, you're awesome). She had a hayrack ride and a bonfire by the river for her party. There was lots of drinking that went on. However, I only had 2 beers. I just wasn't in a drinking mood. AND, the Bud Light was just NOT doing it for me. But, it was a fun time had by all, albeit frickin' cold! I made Jess 2 long blue beaded necklaces. She liked 'em, which was a good ego stroke for me.

It was a pretty small party, primarily people who'd attended our high school, BHS, including a former QB for our dismal football team. Two people from Jess's work (where Justin USED to work) were there too: Doug & Jean. I talked to Doug for quite a bit b/c he's good friends w/ Justin. Helped Justin a LOT while he was moving (including putting up a fence in the back yard. Shout out to Doug folks. He's the NICEST guy!)

I just wish I would've had more time to talk to Jess & Brandi. My junior year of HS, it was me, Jess, Brandi & Jill. A few more people would inevitably be part of the group, off & on, but we were the core. Then, I was dumb & started dating Joe & essentially was a shitty friend & stopped hanging out with them. Six months later when Joe & I broke up, I was kinda SOL, b/c they were none to happy w/ me. However, we still would hang out & all that. Just not like it was junior year, pre-Joe.

I'd forgotten how crazy Brandi can be. If ever there's anyone who could be described as larger-than-life, it's her. She's a champion bull-shitter, makes up just incredible stories, can belch better than the guys & probably could drink a lot of them under the table too. Sorry guys, she's taken.

After the party, I drove home to my folks. Went to bed about midnight. Woke up & did a load of very smoky smelling laundry & had french toast for lunch. Took a nap & then went back home to my apt, taking w/ me one very key thing: banana bread.

Happiness IS my mom's banana bread.

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Ah the high school flashbacks....lol. Good you got to catch up with folks. I never did hear about the EHS high school reunion, so either no one wanted to tell me, or it didn't happen.

Unknown said...

WOOHOOO Jessica! (as per your request!) sounds like you had a good time! I *love* french toast....especially the stuffed french toast from IHOP with filling and fruit and .....

great, now i'm slobbering all over myself!