Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Confused & Bummed

Don't worry...I'm bummed b/c I lost both my fantasy football games this weekend. I WON both games last weekend, so...right now my record in each league is just about evenly split. Which is WAY better than my 3 & 10 record last season. However, this week included a loss to my little 16 year old cousin (well, 2nd cousin, he's the son of my 1st cousin) Andrew. I will NEVER live that one down, I'm sure.

I'm confused b/c I did a tarot reading last night. About going back to school to be a teacher. My very last card, in the "likely outcome" (I did a 7-card reading, a horseshoe spread) was the Hanged-Man or Sacrifice (as it's called in my Goddess Tarot deck). What I don't understand is how it can be an OUTCOME card. As in this is what might/will happen. The interpretations I've read of it is that it's something that you will need to do, or should do, in order for something else to happen. So...do you see why I'm confused?

On the subject of tarot...I really want to get a 3rd deck. Right now I have 2 really pretty decks, my Goddess Tarot Deck and my Spiral Tarot Deck. [DISCLAIMER: The links I just provided I got from a internet search...I've not spent a lot of time at that site & don't know who built it, but it gives you a nice little overview of each deck & what they look like. See, aren't they pretty?] Anyway...I want a 3rd deck. Probably something fairly traditional, but yet the Rider-Waite deck kinda bores me. We'll see. I'd have to wait till Christmas anyway, as I have no extra cash right now.

Speaking of cash, did anyone watch Medium on NBC last night? It was pretty disturbing, based on a theme of just what are you willing to do for money...very interesting. I really like that show.

Well, I'd best get to work. Hope you're all having a good Tuesday. Remember, Gilmore Girls is on tonight!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL cards. I've always been interested in Tarot but have never delved into it. I may give it a shot this Holiday season (after all, I'll have a WHOLE WEEK with nothing to do....)

I do have a ser on how to do astrological readings, I may have to try that for next year....

Artistic Soul said...

I've got a couple alternative decks that are really nice - maybe Santa will send you one. :)

Speaking of the Hanged Man, as an outcome that generally means that you should pause - delay action for a period of time. It indicates that you are in the middle of a transitional state that requires more information, maturity, growth, etc., before committing to a final decision. He's also in an odd position - upside down - which I usually read as trying to do Robin Williams thing from Dead Poets Society - try to see things around you from a different perspective in order to move your question forward.

Hope that helps! :)

smilesnzz said...

Hi Amy, I found you on blogger:) I updated my link too:) I am too on blogger now.
Jenn

AlmstHvn said...

I love the show Medium - I don't often get to watch tv before 10 p.m. but I try to catch that one :)