Friday, October 28, 2005

theory about blogging

A lot of the people who read my blog often, are people whom I've never met in person. Maybe they stumbled across it on accident one day. Maybe they followed me (or vice versa) from that ye olde blogging website. Maybe they checked it out after I checked out theirs...

My point being, a lot of the people who read this blog & whose blogs I read, I think that we have a lot in common. I think that if we'd all gone to college or high school together, we would have been friends. I think that subconsciously we're drawn to people we are similar too, even in blogging land.

I know this is NOT a ground breaking theory.

I just wanted to say something after taking yet another blogging quiz at Blogthings & getting very similar answers to CC from Life or Something Like it (link on the right). I notice that lots of times we all take the same quiz & get many of the same answers. Yes, even Wiccachicky & I, even though we're in many ways opposites from each other. I like to think we're like yin & yang, we provide balance to each other.

Anyway...I just wanted to share. I like that we've all found each other, via this whole blogging thing. It makes the work day more fun, fo sho. AND, it's nice to keep up with old friends too.

Oh, one more thing, completely off topic: I used hot rollers on my hair this morning (a form of laziness, trust me...) & just now, when I went to the bathroom & looked in the mirror, my hair has morphed into a blonde version of Jacquelyn Smith's Charlie's Angels 'do from the tv show of the same name. Maybe I should be Farrah for Halloween. If I could figure out how to feather my bangs...Hmph. *smile*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I totally agree. The blogs I read are usually ppl that I could see myself hanging out with in real life. I guess blog land makes up for my lack of friends in real life.

Artistic Soul said...

I think you're right - most of the folks that follow me often seem very similar in some way. There are only a couple that I think I am very different from, but part of those relationships comes from a fascination (originally on my part I think) about how that type of person works.