I'm a dork. I'm wearing a decorated Halloween sweatshirt & orange sox w/ black cats on them in honor of today. That's as good as my costume gets...
The previous post from today, where I scored as Batman? That's serious business for me & I'll tell you why I couldn't be any OTHER superhero.
It's because I AM Batman (& not just like that knocked silly football player in those old Snickers commercial). Sophomore year of college was, perhaps, the PEAK of silliness reached by my coolio "woommie" & I, Ms. Jen E. Jen & I that year decided we needed superhero identities. This was partially brought on by the exploits of our friend Jannelle. Nelle was running herself a bit ragged, in an effort to graduate early (3 yrs instead of 4) & so we dubbed her Superwoman. We then decided to have a Superhero club & give ALL our friends Superhero identities. B/c we're the coolest, we became THE dynamic duo, Batman & Robin. Erica was Commissioner Gordon & ALSO She-Ra (the pastel princess of power). Tony was Superman. Heather was Captain Planet. Meg was uh, I can't remember. Adam was Spiderman I believe. We had more, we thought of TONS of identities for everyone. Junior year, Jen & I went dressed as Batman & Robin for Halloween. Bastardized versions of the costumes of course: po' college kids. We had towels for capes & cardboard signs on our chests so everyone we know who we were supposed to be. Yeah, we're goofy.
So, as you can see & now know, I AM Batman. Don't tell Christian Bale or anyone the real truth. Let them continue to pretend!
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that's hilarious! we've actually started talking about next year's holiday and think a bunch of us are going to go as retired superheroes. it's going to be fabulous!
Remember when I was Batgirl in highschool? I totally wanted that license plate.
Batman is my favorite superhero ever! I was a bit obsessed in high school...guess I still am! Yet another thing we have in common!!:)
Post a Comment