Thursday, October 27, 2005

"Feelin Groovy"

For some reason, this old Simon & Garfunkel song is running thru the back of my mind. Very much in the background, but still there. I really like Paul & Art, even after all these years (b/c it seems like MANY years since I 1st had my S&G kick back in 8th grade. *chuckle*)

I know that many of you must be getting sick of hearing me whine about Justin being gone. I know that I'm starting to get a little ill about all of it. I just really don't do the long-distance thing well. I admire people who can. I want to be one of them. So, I'm trying to be stronger about all of it. I'm sure Justin's sick of my tearful phone calls late at night. My happy, non-snotty-sounding calls have got to be much more fun. And, surprisingly, it IS getting a bit easier. But, anyway...I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to try to write about OTHER stuff, not just me missing Justin. So there.

I can't believe it's almost the end of the month! Does anyone out there in bloggy land have any fun Halloween plans? I do not. However, I'm not all that bummed about it. Anymore, trying to figure out a costume is too stressful. I want to be creative & look good at the same time & well, I just feel like it's all been done before. So, this year I'm going to go home & hopefully I'll have trick or treaters. Maybe I'll watch a scary movie. Maybe I'll watch a chick flick. Too bad I don't have one of those shirts that says "this IS my costume". Those are funny. Anyway...I had fun decorating for Halloween. I can't wait to decorate for Christmas. Tee hee. As soon as I have a chance, after I get back from AZ, I'm putting up my little Charlie Brown tree. (it's such a sad looking little fake tree).

Hey, speaking of holiday stuff this time of year...does anyone have any good "guy present" suggestions? Justin's bday is SOON & I'm struggling w/ what to get him. *pout* Usually I'm really good at gifting. I'm just drawing a blank w/ this though. HELP!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lucky me *rolls eyes*, I get to go to a costume party. Still no idea what I should be. I hate it when things are left to the last minute. Where the hell I am going to get a costume tomorrow. I've never really done the dress up thing and I've always wanted to be a Vampire. But what the hell would I wear? Hey! Do you have any suggestions??????

I'm bad with boy gifts. Dan usually gives me a hint. For his b-day he got a spiffy new watch and for xmas he's getting a video game. Pretty sad eh? At least HE likes it and that's what really counts! :)