Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The One Who Got Away?

I don't think Mikey is the one who got away. If he is, then he is because he wasn't supposed to stay. I'd say the universe did an AWFUL lot of conspiring against us, which I take to mean it wasn't supposed to be between us.

Have you ever received that email about people who are in your life for "reason, season, lifetime"? I think Mikey was for a reason. At least in the capacity of someone I considered romantically. I WAS head over heels for him & I think that in many ways he was my fallback guy. It's sad that it took till I was 26-27 to really be ok w/ not having a guy (a realization shortly after I made the colossal mistake of Hackett Part Deux). It's not like I was one of those girls jumping from relationship to relationship...I just usually was always at least interested in someone. And, when I didn't have anyone locally, I found my thoughts turning to Mikey & the "what-if".

The more I think about it, we would've had serious issues to work thru, that may NOT have been fixable. I won't go into those, but...I will say ideology, religious denomination, views on money.

Mikey was very important to me & he served some very key purposes during the times he's been in contact. It's nice that we always seem to pick up & fall back into a groove so quickly (again that bond from suffering thru crappy times together: radio station armpit really sucked...esp for the boys after I left. My name was some serious sludgy mud w/ my ex-bosses, which just goes to show you that they must suck, b/c most everyone I know LOVES me) (*tongue firmly in cheek*). Anyway...what it all boils down to is this:

I'll always care for Mikey. But, it's finally transitioned into the brother status. I have no interest in trying to pursue anything romantic & I really don't even feel anything romantic. A check of the picture of him at his new radio station: I'm not attracted to him anymore. He's not it.

B/c J IS.

No comments: