Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Broke into the old apartment"

Tonight I'm going to see the BARENAKED LADIES in concert with Kittie and Brian. I'm SO EXCITED. This is the 3rd time that I will be seeing them in concert, and the 1st time in my home state!

My 1st BNL experience was in August of 2001 in CA. Erica and I went to see them at the uh, Verizon Center in uh, I dunno, some place w/ an S that's a suburb or section of LA. It took what felt like DAYS to get down there to see them. MILES of Freeway. The concert was AWESOME. We had nosebleed seats, behind the lawn where the potsmokers sit, in seats way up high. It was easier to watch the screen than the stage itself. The Proclaimers opened up for them. Good times. Then, on the way back, the way we're traveling was closed off for construction, so we had to pick a different route. I had to use Erica's Thomas Guide to find out how the heck to get us home, WITHOUT having us drive through Compton. Oy. That was fun.

My 2nd BNL experience was in March of 2004. That was in Souix City IA (yeah, they went there, but not here--go figure!). My friend Tiffany and I drove up there to see the concert on a Thursday night. It was even better than the 1st one. We had pretty good seats and it was a great set list. My one complaint is that they didn't play one of my fave songs--Blame it On Me. But, they did play Brian Wilson (whoo hoo!). I bought the live recording of the concert off some website--too funny.

So, tonight will be my 3rd time. Our seats are pretty good. It better be a damn good concert--I had to wait an hour and a half on Friday night at the damn UPS hub for them to find my tix (it was a signed delivery package--urgg!).

You all are jealous I'm going tonight, huh? Why isn't it 5 yet? (Kittie & Brian are taking me out to dinner 1st)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heck yeah I'm jealous. I saw the BNL eons ago at a little club in Vancouver (before they hit it big South of the border). One of the best shows I've been to!

Have a fantastic time!!!

C.C. said...

I have never seen them but I have heard they are awesome in concert! I hope you had a great time! Fill us in when you get a chance!!

L said...

hope you had a blast!
my mom still is scandalized by their name, even though she likes their music. hehe