Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hmph

Everything is irritating today. My stupid Yahoo station kept pausing & halting & effing up till finally I closed it out for the moment. I tried to watch the Dixie Chicks new video on Yahoo & it was beyond a mess, so I got it to work, sorta-mostly, at Vh1. *sigh*

I just got kicked out of the work database b/c of its having technical issues. This blows b/c I need to address some envelopes! (see, I was actually trying to work while playing)

My hair smells funky, kinda, b/c I think it's a little burnt. However, my ceramic straightener smells worse. Yuck! Anyone know how to clean those things?

I think PART of my irritation is that I'm hungry & I really would LOVE a #8 from Taco Hell (Bell) right now--3 soft tacos goodness. But, Mom & I joined Jenny Craig last wk & so I'm supposed to be eating what's on my menu & only the allowed extras. Soft tacos from Taco Bell are NOT allowed. Bummer.

I went to the dentist today & my teeth still hurt. I don't naturally have a lot of teeth problems (unlike my dad) but I could be on my way if I don't make flossing a part of the daily routine. Bleagh.

I really want cookies right now.

I have almost all of my stuff assembled to send to Justin. A yo-yo, one of those tangle toys, this magnetic toy kit thingie, silly putty, the newest headbanger's ball cd, a burned copy of some Beethoven piano sonatas, some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from Eileen's, and eventually, a $20 gift card to In N Out Burger. Nice "survival kit", eh? :oD

I think I'm going to go have some yogurt. Schmogurt. However, I'm going to leave you with this quote from the Blair High School newspaper article w/ the headline: Band, choir represent at district music contest (is that funny or what?)
"Its impressive track record at music contests has given Blair a near-sacred reputation among high school according to Music Department assistant Pam Petersen. 'BHS has a reputation like no other school', she said. 'When they walk in, other schools literally bow down to them' ".

As it should be, folks, as it should be. (ps: I was in on the ground floor of the creation of this near-sacredness they now own. My practicum kids should worship me)

4 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

No wonder you're in a bad mood! Having to go to the dentist sucks. Starting a new diet also sucks. Pretty much sucky stuff all around!! :o(

BUT - you'll be seeing me in no time!! That's positive news.

C.C. said...

I get why you are annoyed today, computers are on the fritz and you had to go to the dentist! Yuck! I am also in need of more flossing. I just hate it, it's annoying, but ya have to do it.

Taco Hell. I call it that too! That Survival kit sounds great! I am sure Justin will love it!

What did you play in band? I started on Sax in elementary then I switched to trombone in Jr High.:)

"tupde"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I have a trip to the dentist this weekend. New guy. It should be interesting.

As for the cleaning of the ceramic iron, try rubbing alcohol. The higher the concentrate the better. Make sure you don't get the cheap stuff. The 80%+ is kept behind the counter in Canada so you may need to ask for it but anything over 70% content should do wonders. Just apply it with a cotton swab, rub and let it dry. It's also great for cleaning any electronics because it dries quickly and doesn't leave behind any residue. These are the types of things that I learn being "married" to a tech geek.

I really love the survival kit idea. Cool.